Re: discussion about jobs

> ... I
> believe the esteemed Mr. King was actually commenting on the anonymity of
> the poster

Sorry.  Didn't mean to be anonymous.  I just hit the wrong signature
key.  [And I am posting from a remote server, so I can do nothing about the
address line assigned]

And, yes, I was aware that I had concatenated my own comments onto a string that
had hijacked a job-announcement posting.  I thought of it as drolly ironic.
Perhaps I should have avoided this level of self-amusement.

I think I mentioned that I found the discussions interesting and
even useful.  However, I still maintain that the attachment of a dozen
different shifting name designations to the discussion makes it difficult to
follow the whole thing in an orderly manner.  And the accretion of name elements
referring to other topics makes it even more troublesome.  If nothing else, it
offends my archivist's sense of order.... :>)=]

> and that they mystery guest saw it as an exclusive tool for job
> searching.
Of course it isn't exclusively for job searches.  But one tends to want to run
through that aspect of the listing in one sitting.

> Don't forget the delete key and delete button are easily found
> and used.
My point is that they are too easily used.  In a fast scan, I am in constant
danger of losing good stuff because of the nomenclature problems....

Hope this earns me some level of forgiveness, or at least understanding.

John Howard Fowler
A2****
A Mystery No
More