From: Beth S. Harris [mailto:bharris@HOLLINS.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 4:24 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: tuition discounts

> In the past I know that some universities (probably private) offered
tuition discounts to employees.

I'm curious to know how many colleges & universities offer tuition
discounts (or even free tuition) for their employees.

I get free tuition (except for independent study courses) for myself and my
immediate family.  It's a great benefit, if your supervisor lets you take
the time off.  With Hollins being a private institution, I doubt if very
many of our employees could afford the cost of a class, anyway.

Beth S. Harris          Special Collections Management Librarian
Wyndham Robertson Library       POB 9000, 7950 E. Campus Drive
Hollins University                      Roanoke, VA  24020
Fax: (540) 362-6756             Ph.: (540) 362-6237
Website:  http://www.hollins.edu