        From:   Ronnie Cunningham [SMTP:vcunning@EMMA.TROY.NY.US]
        Sent:   Thursday, June 22, 2000 11:29 AM
        To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
        Subject:        Physical Arrangement of photocopied newsclipping
file

        It has been decided that it is necessary to photocopy the
newslippings on
        archival paper.  However, the director of the historical society and
I had
        a discussion of how best to arrange them for use.  This is a small
town
        historical society with many clippings that are supposedly subject
        specific.  That is doubtful as the same clippings can be found in
several
        different boxes, and the older ones are also in similar condition,
        crumbling, at the bottom of the box.

        Would those of you in similar situations who have done this
successfully be
        willing to share your arrangement scheme with me, please.  We have a
batch
        of volunteers lined up who are willing to do the re-sorting, tossing
the
        duplicates, etc., but I don't want to start them until I'm clear as
to how
        it is to be done.

        Once again, thank you for all the assistance you've been willing to
share
        with a colleague.

        Ronnie C.

        Veronica Colley Cunningham                      Tel:  518-274-4440
        Archivist and Records Coordinator               Fax: 518-272-0292
        Emma Willard School
        285 Pawling Avenue
        Troy, NY  12180

        To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to
listserv@listserv.muohio.edu