Re: Use Fees

For our use fee schedule, see
http://www.lib.umt.edu/dept/arch/list2pho.htm

At 01:04 PM 6/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
I have a question for those archives which charge photograph use fees
for their images:

Do you charge such fees to media in your immediate geographic area?  If
so, how much to do you charge newspapers or television stations which
run your images?  My institution has had a policy of not charging media
in the Houston/Galveston area, although we charge commercial use fees
($50.00 per image, one-time-only use) to outside media.  The major
networks, such as MS/NBC, have readily paid our use fees, although some
television outlets have balked.

Jodi Allison-Bunnell
Archivist/Assistant Professor
K. Ross Toole Archives