Re: Movie Madness

Can't help reacting to inaccuracies!  Almost every movie about Hawaii has
the geography all wrong (showing A next to B, when in fact they are 2
hours' drive apart).  The worst parts are  the depictions of native
Hawaiians and their culture, as well as depictions of other ethnic groups
in the state.  We cringe, partly because it's so wrong, and partly because
we know most people in the other 49 will believe it all.

Ellen Chapman, Univ. of Hawaii Library