History....and we all know Archivists are NOT historians

Heaven forbid that history might be distorted for political purposes, Lee!
Why, that has not happened in this country since American universities
replaced their old fogey faculty members with the impartial, unbiased
scholars who graduated in the 1960s and 1970s...

Aside from ribbing an old friend, the purpose of my post is to observe how
interesting it is that our profession, which has spent a great deal of
energy over the last decade trying to distance itself from the discipline of
history in order to establish a seperate identity, always seems to come back
to Clio when movie accuracy (or any other topic dealing with the past) comes
to the forefront.

I will commit the ultimate heresy here and confess: I became an archivist
because I love history, and not because I was concerned with organizational
theory, respecting fonds, or jazzing with computer programs.  There...I said
it....I feel so free....

Kim (celebrating Independence Day) Scott