Re: History....and we all know Archivists are NOT historians

Kim (lost in the wilds of Montana) Scott wrote:
> I will commit the ultimate heresy here and confess: I became
> an archivist
> because I love history, and not because I was concerned with
> organizational
> theory, respecting fonds, or jazzing with computer programs.
> There...I said
> it....I feel so free....

Well you're not alone. I went in to archivy for the same reasons. I LOVE
HISTORY. (and I don't think that is heresy) I wanted to touch, hold, fondle
and immerse myself in original material. Although I enjoy consulting (and it
does put food on the table and a roof over my family's heads) I still fondly
reminscence about my days as a photo-archivist. The thrill of identifying
what was an unknown person or unknown event. To be able to accurately date
when a photo was taken or discovering something that alters conventional
wisdom. Gee those were fun days.

Well must run kiddoes as I am knee-deep in record boxes (inventorying,
moving, barcoding, etc) in a warehouse with hot halogen lights (portable)
beaming down upon my ole gray head. Have fun on the 4th and for our Canadian
brethern a Belated Happy Canada Day (July 1)

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management
Woodside Summit Group, Inc
Richmond, Virginia