Photoprints from scanned images

Date:    Mon, 10 July 2000 12:06:17 -0600

Kim,

I recently purchased a Epson 1200 Photo scanner and a HP Desk Jet 932C ink
jet printer for copying photographs. The setup is reasonable priced and
easy to use. I do not know how permanent the ink jet photographs are.

Brock R. Covington

From:    "Scott, Kim A." <kascott@MONTANA.EDU>
Subject: Photoprints from scanned images

Could someone on the list point us to a web page or two that evaluates the
different types of printers and paper one might use to produce photoprints
from scanned images?  It seems like there are lots of commercial photo
"system" packages on the market these days, but I have yet to see a sort of
"consumers report" evaluation of the various products online.

Just imagine if you had this technology in your reading room, and when a
customer asked for a print of that house-going-over-the-dam snapshot (a best
seller at the Austin History Center) you could just call up the stored
image, print out a copy, and be about ten bucks richer...

Kim (seeing potential to make money here without a photo lab) Scott

--- Brock Covington
--- brockcovington@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.