Motels in Denver?

I did a search on the Internet and found that there are a couple of
relatively inexpensive places to stay within a mile of the Adam's Mark.
Does anyone know anything about the Royal Host Motel on E. Colfax or the
Broadway Plaza on Broadway?  Both these places are less than a mile from the
conference hotel and the cost seems to range from $35-$45/night for a
single.  But this is downtown, and $35 is pretty cheap for a downtown area,
so I'm wondering if these places are OK or flea-infested dives?

Thanks.

Marsha Maguire
mmaguire@u.washington.edu