Blanche McManus and Francis Miltoun

Hi Folks,

This is kind of a personal request - I hope you don't mind.

My husband is doing some research into the lives and careers of Blanche
McManus and Francis Miltoun (real name - Francisco Milberg Mansfield or
Milberg Fransisco Mansfield?), a husband and wife illustrator/author team
active circa 1890 -1920.  Blanche McManus was born in 1870 on Talladega
Plantation, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana.  She left Louisiana as a very
young woman and went to Paris.  In 1893, she moved to Chicago where she
opened a studio to do book covers, posters, and book and magazine
illustrations.  It is not known how McManus and Miltoun met, although it is
thought that they met in Paris.  They collaborated on a large number of
travel books about Europe after the turn of the century.  Sometime in the
1920s, McManus was confined to a private mental institution in New Orleans.
She died sometime between 1928 and 1942 or 43, but we do not know where or
when.  We have no information about when or where Francis Miltoun died.

Does anybody know of any materials that might exist regarding McManus or
Miltoun (Mansfield)?  We would be so grateful if any of you so knowledgeable
folks could point us in the right direction.  Thanks, Donna

Donna M. Wells
Records Manager & Archivist
Boston Police Department
617-343-5166