Re: Ownership of Files

> Any proven tactics to counter the "I worked on the project,
> the files are mine" attitude?
In a word educate, educate, educate (or train, train, train)

A good strong education program using materials such as the following
videotapes;
For the Record
http://www.commonwealthfilms.com/3050.htm

Buried Alive
http://www.commonwealthfilms.com/3009.htm

As Daniel Sokolow stated this should be explicitly stated in the
organization's policy. Each employee can update on annual basis their
understanding of the organization's policy. This was done by a former
employer of mine. Each year we had to read and sign that we had read the
company's general policy about eeoc, documents, etc.

Your best bet as stated earlier is to educate each department and especially
the powers that be. Your organization should have a formal employee exit
policy that secures computers (especially passwords) and files.

Unfortunately you will not be able to attain 100% compliance, but you just
have to work at it.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management
Woodside Summit Group, Inc