Sources in U.S. Naval History

The Naval Historical Center is currently in the process of updating its U.S.
Naval History Sources in the United States.  This guide, first published in
1979, lists archival and manuscript holdings relating to the history of the
U.S. Navy.  The new version will be posted on the Center's website
(http://www.history.navy.mil <http://www.history.navy.mil/> ), which will
allow easier access by users and more frequent updates to keep the
information current.

In March, requests for updated information were sent to all repositories
listed in the 1979 edition.  Many of those we contacted have responded, and
your help with this project is appreciated.  Any who have not yet replied,
please send your updates as time allows.

We would also like to include information from archives and libraries that
were not listed in the original Sources guide but have primary source
documents on the U.S. Navy or U.S. Navy personnel in their holdings.  The
information that we need includes collection titles, brief descriptions of
the collections, dates, and sizes of the collections.  Please include your
institution's current contact information and the URL for your website, if
applicable.  You can send this information to me via e-mail or at the
address or fax number below.

Thanks for your help with this project.  Feel free to contact me with any
questions.

Wade Wyckoff

Wade D. Wyckoff
Accessioning and Processing Archivist