Flights to Denver from DC

Hi Everyone,

If anyone has been watching the flights from Washington DC over the past
few weeks you may have noticed that prices were rather unstable (mid-200s
one day -- missed out on that one! -- then over $500 the next) and flights
to Colorado Springs weren't much less (plus you would get a layover at
Denver anyways).

I just checked today and American is offering flights directly to Denver
from either Dulles or National starting at $178 (round trip). While I was
planning my flight some days began to fill while I was online ( I used
Travelocity via Yahoo! Travel). Times and airport options are limited, but
if you have been periodically checking the airlines for inexpensive
flights this may be your last chance (Northwest offered their discount
about 4 weeks ago). I didn't try the American site directly, but I imagine
that it is under its web specials. If you use the Yahoo site (Travel --
Flight Reservations), don't enter dates. Just enter your airport
information and click the button directly below (it may say something like
"Fly Anytime") to see specials. They may have discounts from other cities
as well.

Considering that flights from DC were listed as high as $500+ last week, I
thought that I would pass this along in case other people are also
shopping around. I'm not sure if the 10% discount through SAA for American
would yield a better price, but it appears that seats, days, and times
are limited.

Good luck,

Tanya

Tanya L. Marshall, M.L.S.