Re: Ownership of Files

My story is very much like some of the ones told already, except that
our photographer didn't sue. He walked off with all of the negatives,
however, and still charges the University for reprints of photos he took
on University time, payroll, cameras, film, etc.

He once told me that when he died (he's in his 40's) that all of the
negatives would come back to the Archives.  He also still does freelance
work for the University.

I've stopped trying to get the University to try and get the negatives
back, they don't want bad feelings since he's an alum., as is his wife,
who once was in charge of the alumni association.

...right about here, I'm shrugging my shoulders, what else can I
do????

--Geri Solomon, University Archivist
  Hofstra University