Re: Job interview expenses

Gordon,

Usually a college or university library/archives will pay to bring you in
once you make their final short list of candidates.  Generally these folks
have bugeted for such expenses...and some members of the committee may
actually be looking forward to the groovy free meals they will get when they
take the candidate out to dinner.  Not that I have ever been so shallowly
motivated on a search committee, mind you...

I think there is more variance in historical societies and state agencies
when it comes to travel expenses, though.  Like a lot of things in life, the
money you spend to go talk to them is a gamble, and you have to figure what
it's worth to you.

Good luck to you, and remember those Amtrack "Discover America" rate deals.

Kim (make mine the large filet, please) Scott