Re: Job interview expenses

I don't have any personal experience on this one, but my feeling is that it
doesn't hurt to ask for traveling expenses.  I would expect a lot of "nos", but
it never hurts to ask.  We had a similar conversation a while back about moving
expenses, which I believe Peter K. said he requested and received.

Bear in mind the type of job, of course.  Historical societies don't pay much to
begin with, so I imagine traveling expenses will be out too.  Not that
corporations are likely to pick it up either (for the relatively
low-on-the-totem-pole positions held by most archivists), but at least there's a
possibility.  Some institutions will do an initial phone interview (I vaguely
remember doing one), so you may as well ask.

The only other advice I have is, of course, to schedule a series of interviews
in a particular area for the same time.  Travel once, see as many as you can at
one time, and don't try & run back & forth over & over.

Daniel