Re: MCPHU questions

The best way to store your photographs is in flat archival
print boxes, Hollinger (or similiar vendor) can provide these.
But, in  addition to the proper box, you should also consider
puttting each photo into a mylar sleeve and obtain archival
board to be used sporadically throughout the box (e.g. 15-20
images and then a board; 15-20 more images and then a board, etc.)

Those blocks were used by a special "printing press" and I am not
sure that this type press exists anymore.  Perhaps you could
contact a printing company  -- Park printing co., Innovation Printing
& Lithography, or some other printing (not copy center) company.

Margaret

>We here at the Archives and Special Collections at MCPHahnemann Univ.
>have several questions concerning items found in our archives.The first
>question is, what is the best way to store photographs, in vertical or
>flat files, currently we are storing any photos over 8x10 in flat files.
>
>    The second question is, we have a number of half tone etched
>printing plates nailed to one inch block of wood. Does anyone out there
>know how or have access to a machine that can print these items.

Margaret Jerrido,Archivist & Head of
Urban Archives, Paley Library
Temple University, 1210 W. Berks Street
Philadelphia, PA  19122
voice (215/204-6639); fax (215/204-3681)
e-mail  mj@astro.temple.edu