Assistant Records and Information Manager
Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Milwaukee, WI

>>> kris92576@MAIL.OLG.COM 07/23/00 07:11AM >>>
Evelyn,
First I must say CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I don't know if you saw my little bit on this thread about what they can reasonably expect at such a low rate of pay. They will figure things out soon enough when they cannot fill the position and the people they offer the job to are asking for more money.. don't worry about it.. They will figure things out in the long run.

Kristin Torgerson
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Evelyn Taylor
  To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2000 7:51 PM
  Subject: Re: p/t archivist - Los Angeles

  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  Guys, I applied for this job (I am newly out of Graduate School with an M.A. in History and an emphasis in Archives and a steady year's worth of experience in internships, etc.) and WAS DENIED because I didn't have enough experience...  She wants someone with 3-4 years for a basic survey and boxing-up job.  Additionally (and WHAT really made me mad),  I drove over an hour to be rejected in less than 10 minutes - apparently, the interviewer didn't bother to look at my resume beforehand.  Welcome to this job market, I guess.
  (Thank you for letting me put in my "two cents"!!)

  az248@LAFN.ORG wrote:

    These people have been polling for help for months now.  Trouble is, $10/hr.
    will hardly get you a file clerk in Los Angeles, (That's $20,000 a
    year--without benefits, so make that closer to $16,000), let alone an
    archivist.
    Come on folks, are we professionals or not?

    You might want to explain this to your contact

    John Howard Fowler
    A2****