From: Joy Kingsolver [mailto:joykings@MCS.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 12:44 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Small Collections

Dear list members,

I'm in the process of re-organizing our small collections
(1 or 2 folders, usually) and thinking about different ways of
numbering and cataloging them. Before I make final decisions,
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who can share their policies
on this.  Do you create a MARC record for each collection, or one
MARC record for Small Collections, and list the folders in a
local database?  If you have a scheme that works for you, I'd like
to hear about it.   I thought this had been discussed on the list before,
but wasn't able to turn up anything in the list archives.

Thanks in advance,
Joy Kingsolver

Joy Kingsolver, C.A.
Archivist