Re: Pretty In Pink

I can only take so much.  The real issue here is NOT the Kennedy mystique or
even the voyeuristic mood of America....it's about the donor's legal rights.

The dress was not a head-of-state gift, after all.  It belonged to Jackie,
and if she didn't want the public to see it for 200 years, I say that's her
right.  It's a piece of history?  Yeah, but it's first and foremost a piece
of HER history, and if she didn't want to share it with the "public," why
should she?

Since when have we abandoned the donor's right to determine terms of access,
not to mention his or her right to privacy?

Lesley W. Brunet, CA
Hot in Houston, Texas

-