Related threads in this forum/Relevance of JFK access issues

I am puzzled by the reference below asking that the recent access to Kennedy items thread be stopped.   The post below appears to cite that thread as yet another example of other "extended unrelated threads"  which have driven young archivists away from this list.  It is hard for me to understand why young archivists would not want to learn about the intricacies of disclosure policies and the challenges faced by govt archivists, of which the Kennedy item thread is a good example.   This is an example of the very complex issues facing archivists.   My own work at the National Archives deals with archival release issues tied both to national security classified information and privacy issues, although I do not work with the JFK collection.  The post below seemed to place the JFK access thread on the same level as barely relevant humor and film discussions which sometimes find their way into this forum (to which I have no objection - one can always use the delete key).

Once again, as always, this is my personal opinion and not speaking in an official capacity.

Eva Krusten

>>> Sharon.Pullen@CO.SUFFOLK.NY.US 07/28 9:51 AM >>>
        I second Anne's request, please stop.  I have talked to 2 young
archivists within the last 2 months who have signed on and off the list
almost simultaneously because of the extended unrelated threads.
        I love the humor and Friday sillies, but when people are maintaining
3 day discussions of Mel Gibson movies [I like Mel , too, really : )] and
tragic artifacts, it is too much.