Suit...ability

Weird Friday came early this week, it seems.  I wonder if, for those whose
tastes in listservs run more to the serious issues facing the profession,
anyone has ever given thought to having an ARCHIVES listserv hosted by the
H-Net system?  The lists hosted by that fine outfit are heavily moderated
and require subscribers to APPLY for membership.

Oh, but I forgot....we are an "information science" and not a humanities
discipline, aren't we?

I think if those calling for a more high collar forum for archivists would
step up to the plate and be willing to shoulder the responsiblity for being
a moderator, there could be two places for archivists to hang.  One which
would have much less traffic and be staid, sober, and serious...and then the
other, where you will find long threads of conversation on movies, pink
dresses, and hotel accomodations.  As for myself, I reckon I will stick with
the latter.  I kinda like Mel Gibson, and he is a part time Montanan to
boot.

Kim (draws that delete key like a gunfighter) Scott