Re: Lighthouses

Dahrl:

I cannot figure out wht the Gibbons name is teasing the backside of my mind,
but the agitation is steady. I want to say that he may have been also have
been a pioneer in iron bridge engineering (a not surprising technology link)
in Maryland [and possibly on the Pacific Coast as well].

Whether or not the bridge thing is accurate, you might try contacting the
B&O Museum's library/archives in Baltimore, since Baltimore & Ohio RR was a
big believer in iron truss bridges from an early date. I don't know if
they'll be able to help shed some light on Gibbons (or his partner), but
it's worth a shot -- however long that shot might be.

I've put out a couple of other feelers to some colleagues here on the Left
Coast...if any get back to me with positive suggestions, I'll relay their
emails to you directly. Please zap me your email address.

Thanks and Good Luck!

Kevin V. Bunker
Student Assistant
California State Archives