Re: May Thacher Cooke

Nancy:

Records of the Bureau of Biological Survey are part of Record Group 22, US
Fish and Wildlife Service, at the National Archives at College Park,
Maryland.  Go to the National Archives internet  page at
www.nara.gov      .  Click on the SEARCH button in the upper left; search
for "Bureau of Biological Survey".  A list will appear; click the first
item; the scroll down the contents list for Record Group 22 to find the
sections for Bureau of Biological Survey; then scroll down further for
descriptions of those records.  Through the NARA Internet site you can also
send via email a reference request.

You might also try the online access to RLIN through the Library of
Congress, to search for manuscript collections.  Access to additional
individual institution collections is also available.  Go to
http://lcweb.loc.gov/coll/nucmc/

Good luck with your research.

Carol Edwards

Carol A. Edwards
USGS Field Records Library
MS 914, Box 25046, Federal Center
Denver, CO 80225-0046
email: cedwards@usgs.gov
phone: 303-236-1005
fax: 303-236-0015

                    Nancy Freeman
                    <Nancy.A.Freeman@USD        To:
                    A.GOV>                      ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
                    Sent by: Archives &         cc:
                    Archivists                  Subject:     May Thacher Cooke
                    <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.M
                    UOHIO.EDU>

                    08/07/00 04:33 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Archives &
                    Archivists

All,

Does anyone know where I can find information on May Thacher Cooke?
Sometime
between 1914-1919 May began working for the USDA Bureau of Biological
Survey
(BBS).  I have several circulars she wrote and while I find citations on
her
publications, I'd like personnel information and a photo.  Her father,
Professor
W. W. Cooke, worked for the Bureau of Biological Survey until his death in
1916.
I believe May began working for the BBS around that time.  You may reply
off
list.

Many thanks in advance,
Nancy Freeman, Records Manager/Archivist
National Wildlife Research Center
4101 LaPorte
Fort Collins, CO  80521
(970) 266-6023