Archives Humor

When I was working in Arizona, I indexed all of the back issues of the Arizona Paper and Photograph Conservation Group's (APPCG) newsletter--ConservatioNews.  One of the things that struck me most (and that has stuck with me) is the amount of humor in the early issues (late 1970s-1980s).  There were jokes, cartoons, and satirical take-offs of well-known works.  I particularly remember an archival version of The Raven.  I indexed everything under "humor", so finding and getting copies shouldn't be too difficult.  Contact Rose Byrne (APPCG President) at the Arizona Historical Society in Tucson.

Anne L. Foster
Archival Fellow
Center of Southwest Studies
Fort Lewis College