Re: Archives Humor

Thanks for the compliment, Anne. I was writer/editor/everything for
ConservatioNews for its first ten years. I thought it was hilarious when
APPCG gave me a plaque in appreciation for my years as editor: my name was
misspelled.

The archival version of The Raven was written by Toby Murray, then at the
University of Tulsa, now gambling her future as preservation librarian at
the University of Nevada at Las Vegas. I remember attending a meeting of
the Oklahoma Conservation Congress years ago during which Toby proposed a
wonderful acronym for the group: MILQUETOAST.

I've always believed that newsletters can and should be informal, so I've
had a lot of fun with them.

And to Kim Scott: shall I ship you more weenies and marshmallows? Sorry I
missed another Slotto.

Michael McColgin
Conservation Officer
Arizona History and Archives Division