Re: In Search of the Humourous Archivist

At one time there was quite a spoof songwriting competition going on around
here, and a group of singers/musicians to perform them.  Sometimes the songs
were individual specific, but perhaps our biggest hit was more general.

(performance notes:  find someone to crack a whip a few times
have the "pagin', pagin', pagin'" part start softly and build
guitar chords available on request)

Archives!  (to the tune of "Rawhide")

pagin', pagin', pagin' - pagin', pagin', pagin'
pagin', pagin', pagin' - pagin', pagin', pagin' - Archives!
pagin', pagin', pagin' - pagin', pagin', pagin'
pagin, pagin', pagin' - pagin', pagin', pagin' - Archives!

Keep researchers fishin', though that box is missin'
keep researchers readin' - Archives!
Our business never tapers, hell-bent for papers
we'll look for that box until we die

Our heart's calculatin', more grant funds are waitin'
waitin' at the end of our ride

Sort 'em out, write 'em up - write 'em up, sort 'em out,
sort 'em out, write 'em up - Archives!
Sort 'em out, write 'em up - write 'em up, sort 'em out,
sort 'em out, cat-a-log - Archives!

Keep those donors sendin', and they're not just lendin'
keep those donors sendin' - Archives!
Don't try to understand 'em, just shake 'em down and land 'em
we'll look at the stats in next July

Now let's avoid a tiff, just sign that deed of gift
we'll sort it at the end of our ride

Sort 'em out, write 'em up - write 'em up, sort 'em out
sort 'em out, write 'em up - Archives!
Sort 'em out, write 'em up - write 'em up, sort 'em out
sort 'em out, cat-a-log - Archives!

pagin', pagin', pagin' - pagin', pagin', pagin
pagin', pagin', pagin' - Archives!

(copyright 1993, Matt Sprinkle)
Matt Sprinkle - AV Archivist
American Heritage Center - P.O. Box 3924
University of Wyoming - Laramie, WY  82071-3924
307-766-2579    FAX 307-766-5511
matts@uwyo.edu