Mold Problem

In light of a mold problem which has developed in a secure vault here, I am
seeking input from others who have dealt with the same problem. Mold has
grown on both hardbound volumes,  some softbound reports, and especially on
the paperboard holders which contain softbound reports. Dehumidifiers are
being used to reduce the moisture, so the problem is resolving to some
degree. However, I am told that all the mold problems began when a new
chiller was installed for the HVAC here in this section of the building.
Because it is a classified vault, it is only open, for relatively short
periods of time, when staff require access to these documents. It is closed
99.44% of the time.
Small dehumidifier collection reservoirs (the gallon-size or so container
which one empties) have tipped out, spilling water, thereby creating another
problem when the machine did not automatically stop. New humidifiers are on
order, but I don't know when the will arrive. I would be interested in
knowing how others have dealt with this problem, and the clean-up of the
mold. Air quality studies are under way.   Thanks, in anticipation, for any
input/suggestions.

As an aside, the recent posting about the ARCHIVES! song, (sung to the tune
of "Rawhide") had me in stitches. To somewhat quote Clint Eastwood, who was
a star of that series, that posting 'made my day'. What a great western that
was. Eric Fleming as Gil Favor, Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates, ...can't
recall the colorful, bearded, often unappreciated cattle drive cook. Great
series.

Sharon Lee Butcher
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library