MAC/MARAC Fall Meeting

Hi

Could you please post the following:

Greetings List,

To reply to Wednesday's queries,  the  arrangements for the Fall MAC/ MARAC
Meeting are finalized and the program is printed and on it's way.  Those
MARAC members will be receiving their programs via first class mail,
hopefully within the week.  Those of us MAC'ers using bulk mail will take a
little longer.

The program is loaded with something for everyone. Pre-meeting workshops
include: Encoded archival Description (EAD),  Identification, Preservation
and Access to Architectural Records, sponsored by SAA;
Risk Awareness and Control in Records Management, Disaster Preparedness and
Emergency Response, Implementation of EAD, and archival fundamentals
series, covering description, preservation management, reference and
acquisition and appraisal.
Please note: the EAD workshop is scheduled TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER
17 & 18.

 We are honored to host Ian Wilson, Archivist of Canada,who will be
opening plenary speaker. Mr. Wilson headlines the conference that is
designed to challenge and stimulate lively archival discussion.

And don't miss the opportunities provided by the Local Arrangements
Committee to explore Cleveland. We have tried our best to offer something
to interest everyone, from visits to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Browns
Stadium, the Federal Reserve Bank, Cleveland Symphony,  and the Dittrick
Museum of Medical History.

If you have any questions, please contact myself at  (216)433-5765, the LAC
Chair Mike McCormick (email: Mike@wrhs.org) any MAC or MARAC committee
member,  or look for our website:

http://www.csuohio.edu/CUT/ClevMM/

Bonita S. Smith,
Publicity Chair MAC/MARAC LAC
History Office
InDyne, Inc.
John H. Glenn Research Center at Lewis Field
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
(216)433-5765