Display lighting

Dear List,

I hate to be so serious on a Friday, but I need your help.  We are in the
process of renovating and adding on to a structure on campus which will be
our new home.  The architect wants to use halogen lights in the display
cases; I disagree.  Now, I need to hear from others in order to make my case.

What type of lights do you use for display purposes?
Do you know of anyone who has used halogen lights?
Do you have horror stories about the use of halogen lights?

Thank you,
Suzanne

Suzanne Campbell
West Texas Collection