Re: MAC/MARAC Fall Meeting

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:00:31 -0400, Michael McCormick <mike@WRHS.ORG> wrote:

>Carol Jacobs, the archivist for the Cleveland Orchestra, very quickly
>called my attention to the mention of the Cleveland "Symphony" in Bonnie's
>post.  As we all know, the Cleveland Orchestra is often mentioned as one of
>the five greatest orchestras in the world, and the tour of the recently
>renovated Severance Hall is just another reason to come to the MAC/MARAC
>meeting October 17-21.  In other words, oops, sometimes we DO make
>mistakes.  As the Muslims say, only Allah is perfect.

And then Carol (with becoming modesty) emailed me this:

greatest orchestra in the world," I must point out that following its August
13 performance at the Edinburgh Festival recently, a critic from the Glasgow
Herald called The Cleveland Orchestra, "probably the finest orchestra in the
world"-- and it's RIGHT HERE IN CLEVELAND!"

And MAC/MARAC attendees have the opportunity to HEAR the Orchestra, as well
as to tour Severance Hall.  It's worth noting that Severance is a glorious
building, with superb acoustics.  The recent renovation has left it aglow.
Both aficiandos of music and fine architecture will want to take advantage
of this opportunity.

Mike McCormick
MAC/MARAC LAC Co-chair