Re: Query

You might want to try NPR.  The morning show used to have weekly or biweekly interviews with Mr. Barber, almost until the time of his death, and the topics often included his early broadcasts, so they might have had access to them.

>>> joydews@MAIL.UFLIB.UFL.EDU 09/01 10:28 AM >>>
Does anyone on the list have any information about where one can find audio
tapes of any baseball games from 1947 done by Walter Lanier "RED" Barber?
Although we have his papers here at the University of Florida (Department of
Special Collections) we have no tapes from this specific date.  A researcher
had called me with this query and all I could suggest was the Baseball Hall
of Fame and CBS.  I also searched the net fairly thoroughly and found only
one or two possible sources.  If anyone has any additional sources please
let me know.  Thank you.
Joyce Dewsbury