Re: Cell phones

We added a line to our research policies regarding cell phones--all new researchers are required to read the policies as part of registration.  We thought about banning the phones, but then, our phones are ringing all the time too.  We ask researchers to get up from the research tables if their phone rings and move to the lobby area to answer their call.  It seems to be working, and many folks just turn off their phone, or actually go all the way outside when they answer their call  (we can do that here in Sacramento, California if it's not blistering hot).

Stasia Wolfe

Archivist
Sacramento Archives and Museum Collection Center
551 Sequoia Pacific Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95814
916-264-7072