Re: organizational archives

Special Collections at the University of Illinois at Chicago has done a lot of work in this area.  They have conducted workshops and put out a booklet, "Don't Throw It Away," which is, I think, out of print.

Mary Ann Bamberger was one of the moving forces behind this.  Though she has recently retired, I think she may have been enticed to return to work on some special projects.  She is listed on the UIC web page as follows:

Mary Ann Bamberger
Associate Professor Emerita
University Library - Special Collections
University of Illinois at Chicago
Box 8198 M/C 234
Chicago, IL 60680
312/996-2742
E-mail:  mabam@uic.edu

Others involved:

Margaret A. (Peg) Strobel, Ph.D.
Interim Director of Hull House
University of Illinois at Chicago
email:  pegs@uic.edu

Gretchen L. Lagana
Special Collections Librarian and Curator of the Jane Addams Hull House
email:  glagana@uic.edu

Hope this is helpful!

Valerie Gerrard Browne
Women and Leadership Archives
Loyola University Chicago
Sullivan - 200
6525 N. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60626
Voice:  773/508-8837
Fax:  773/508-8492
E-mail:  vbrowne@LUC.EDU

>>> tzachar@LSU.EDU 09/05 3:24 PM >>>
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any works that give small organizations (like civic and
service clubs) guidelines for organizing and taking care of their records?

Many thanks in advance,

Tara E. Zachary
Assistant Curator for Manuscripts
Special Collections, LSU Libraries