Re: Policies regrding sending electronic images

I would also be interested in seeing the responses from the assembled esteemed archivists on this listserv regarding this topic.

Thanks,
Eric Fair

David Smolen wrote:

Fellow Archivists, I was wondering if anyone on the list could share with me their policies regarding electronically sending images to customers who request a reproduction of an image rather than giving them a physical print. I feel like giving customers electronic versions of images is like giving them a negative and so I don't like doing it. The problem of course is that more and more people are asking for images to be placed on a zip disk and it gets harder and harder to tell people no. Any thoughts on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David Smolen
Special Collections Librarian
New Hampshire Historical Society
Phone: 603-225-3381 ext.21
Fax: 603-224-0463