Re: Policies regrding sending electronic images

We see request for electronic files / images on a weekly basis.  We
are fortunate enough to have a lab on campus that does the scanning
for us.  The lab scans all items at a standard 150 dpi and also
places a copyright / ownership statement in each scan / image.  This
has worked well for us and has made it possible fo us to answer many
last minute request.  We get a lot of papers and producers calling a
day before the need the items so having the option to electonically
send files is great for out patrons.  - Tara L. Hurt UConn Archives

> > Fellow Archivists, I was wondering if anyone on the list could share with
> > me their policies regarding electronically sending images to customers who
> > request a reproduction of an image rather than giving them a physical
> > print. I feel like giving customers electronic versions of images is like
> > giving them a negative and so I don't like doing it. The problem of course
> > is that more and more people are asking for images to be placed on a zip
> > disk and it gets harder and harder to tell people no. Any thoughts on this
> > topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David Smolen
Tara L. Hurt
Reader Services Coordinator
Archives & Special Collections
860-486-4506