Re: Last Resort

Hello, Don.

I'm confused.  Your message seems like the continuation of something I
missed. Please supply the  context.  Is this something else you are
forwarding, like the Maryland news clipping?   If this is an open letter to
the Archives Listserv, it would be courteous for the writer to say so, and
to sign it.

Who are Ms. Dunhouse et. al?  Who is the "us" implied in the phrase "our
library"?

I am curious to know how "omitting" information equates to "misrepresenting"
the collections.  Do the omissions occur in the cataloging records, the
finding aids, in conversations with librarians, or some other arena?

I also wonder what is meant by the phrase "even though some librarians are
knowledgeable".  Well, I'm big enough to admit that some of them are.  But
what has that got to do with it?

The phrase, "a willing unfettered attitude with the public", is in itself a
thing of joy.  But again, somewhat lacking in object.  Surely the writer
does not mean to suggest that public servants should have a pleasing
demeanor?  Heresy!

Judy Robins,
Collections Supervisor,
Wood Library-Museum of Anesthesiology