Re: Advice needed

I have no idea why he was in such a dither about it. I can only come up with
three possibilities: A belief that they were so propreitary - in spite of my
finding nothing in samples of the photos to justify such concerns - that they
should not be released; his being overruled in the decision to release them; or
just the human cussedness that drives some people to destroy records rather than
preserve them.

As far as subject matter goes, the photos depict the company's products and
activities from 15 to 60 years ago, and all the products shown have been out of
production  for years. Most of the owners of the equipment shown - which is how
most of the images are indexed - are out of business.

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086