Re: organizational archives

Many thanks to those who responded to my query seeking resources for
organizations who want to take care of and organize their records.  Below
is the bib/some comments from replies.

Carmicheal, David W. Organizing Archival Records: A Practical Method of
Arrangement and Description
     for Small Archives. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission,
1993.  (specially written
     with the small organization in mind)

Central New York Library Resources Council. "Documenting Community
Organizations." 8 pages
     Available from METRO at 57 East 11th Street, Fourth Floor, New York,
NY 10003-4605. Or
     Central NY Library Resources Council
?s address is c/o Katie DeFazio/
3049 East Genesee
     Street/ Syracuse, NY 13224-1690

Yakel, Elizabeth. Starting an Archives.  SAA, 1994.

"We did a take off on the Central New York booklet for Community
Organizations - and have several
     others as well! See: www.wnylrc.org (click on Documentary Heritage
Program)."--Heidi Bamford,
     Western New York Library Resources Council.

University of Illinois at Chicago Special Collections "Don't Throw It
Away." (may be out of print, but poster
     gave those involved:
               Mary Ann Bamberger            Margaret A. (Peg) Strobel,
          Ph.D.
               Associate Professor Emerita        Interim Director of Hull
          House
               University Library - Special Collections      University of
          Illinois at Chicago
               University of Illinois at Chicago        email:
          pegs@uic.edu
               Box 8198 M/C 234
               Chicago, IL 60680
               312/996-2742
               E-mail:  mabam@uic.edu

               Gretchen L. Lagana
               Special Collections Librarian and Curator of the Jane Addams
          Hull House
               email:  glagana@uic.edu

Tara E. Zachary
Assistant Curator for Manuscripts