Baptism Gowns in the 1860s

I have a friend who has asked for help to find out what a small child (6-8) would have worn while getting baptized in the 1860s in the Plains.  (Specifically, she said 1869 in Kansas.)  My hunch is that a child's dress would have been similar to an infant's christening gown, just bigger, but I can't find anything to confirm that.  One problem is that infant gowns are referred to frequently, but nothing for slightly older children.

Anyone have any ideas?  I also wonder whether it would depend on the particular church or denomination.

Any help would be appreciated.

Angela Curran
Archives for Family Practice
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway