International Boundary Survey

I'm hoping someone out there can help me track down any field notes taken
during the International Boundary Survey - 1874 on the Canadian - US border,
specifically in the Sweetgrass Hills (Three Buttes) region of Montana.  I've
got an image taken during the survey and am hoping someone on the survey
team took note of the incident.  Does anyone have any idea if field notes
would have been deposited in an archive either in the US or Canada?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Brenda G. McLain
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution