From: Leonard Will [mailto:L.Will@WILLPOWERINFO.CO.UK]
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 7:36 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Thesaurus Management Software

In article <39C28312.DB9D94A1@jwa.org>, on Fri, 15 Sep 2000 at 16:14:11,
Jewish Women's Archive <URL: mailto:archivist@JWA.ORG> writes

>I am in the process of conducting research on behalf of my organization
>for thesaurus management software.  We were recommended to use Cuadro
>STAR/Thesaurus or MultiList, and I have found information on Lexico and
>Hierarch.
>
>I need to know what various kinds of thesaurus management software is
>being used, and what is thought of them (the good, the user friendly,
>the bad, the ugly), what is recommended, etc.  So if anyone has any
>ideas, please email me off list (unless more people are interested, I
>really don't want to clog up other people's email inboxes), at:
>Archivist@jwa.org.

I have a list of all the thesaurus software packages I have been able to
find, on my Website (address below), which I hope you may find useful.
If you should find any others as a result of your enquiry to the list I
would be very pleased to know of them and to add them to my site.
Similarly I would be very interested to hear of any evaluative comments
which I could add - most of the information on my site is factual, but I
have included a few comments about packages I have been able to try out.

Is there really a package called MultiList, by the way, or is this a
mistake for MultiTes?

Regards

Leonard Will
--
Willpower Information       (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants              Tel: +44 (0)20 8372 0092