Plastic paper clips

I have a question.

Working in a University Archives, I have used the "archival" Plastiklips" as a matter of course -- that is just what is done.  However, I have been processing a collection at my local historical society, and needed some paper clips.  That is when I really looked at the price of the things.  Since Plastiklips weren't readily available locally on a Saturday afternoon, I took myself down to the local office supply store to see what might be available.  Besides the regular metal paper clips, they had Acco Plasticlips.  They look the same, and were 1/3 the price.

Does anyone know just how safe they are?  Or have you got a better solution?  (preferably fairly low cost).

--
Mary Ellen Goddard
Archives Coordinator