Re: Tracing purloined materials: Other resources -Anyone?

Ms. Robins,

Sorry you didn't have much luck with INTERPOL's website; not everyone posts
notice of stolen materials to INTERPOL, though they should; it is a resource
that is consistently referred to by dealers, and by the police when
assessing materials of questionable origin.

Hopefully, someone else on the listserv knows of another organization that
tracks missing or stolen books and manuscripts.

If not; --another lead you might try, Ms. Robins; is ExLibris, a listserv
devoted to the Book Arts based at the University of California, Berkeley.
ExLibris has covered issues relating to theft and recovery in past postings.
While I don't know if they have a section specifically earmarked for missing
and/or stolen books and manuscripts; a search of the ExLibris Message
Archive may help you locate one. Unfortunately, I do not have the URL at
hand....

...Does anyone out there on the  Archives Listserv have the URL for the
ExLibris Listserv at the University of California, Berkeley? If so, please
post. Thank You.

Best Wishes and Good Luck!

mailto:TGrunewald@QuadrigaArt.com <mailto:TGrunewald@QuadrigaArt.com>

Theodore Grunewald