Re: erotica and collection policies

Susan--

See "HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING? OPERATING DOCUMENTS FOR THE SMALL, NON-GOVERNMENTAL, MANUSCRIPT REPOSITORY"

at

http://www.senylrc.org/dhp/howdowe.htm

which I prepared in a previous life.

Christine

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

(note change of address as of May 2000)
Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(914) 451-1757 or (845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Susan Knoer <susan.marie@LOUISVILLE.EDU> 09/26/00 10:17PM >>>
>sorry for the bad spelling - that's exaggerate, not how i spelled it.  mea
>culpa - :)

>Jill L Schneider

  And I thought eXXaggerate was such a lovely word play!
  My boss is a mystery fan (don't know if he's an erotica fan, such is life in the PC world..) and a photo archivist, so I passed along the title for his reading.  That's how you know he's the boss- he has time to read for pleasure, unlike his minions.  I'm multitasking - watching my online class lecture (libraries and the internet, appropriately enough), listening to the Olympics, and reading emails.
  Meanwhile, I'm pondering my paper for my collection development class.  It's on developing special collection/archives policies.  If anyone has a policy, online or other, that you would share, or stories about the problems you've encountered, and would like to pass them along offlist, it would be appreciated.  I have to make a presentation to other students at public and school libraries who don't know the joys of primary sources.
  Thanks!

Susan Knoer
Reference Assistant
Special Collections