Re: Quotation curiosity

Figures that Al Capone would steal intellectual property along with all his
other nefarious doings   :)

Jill L Schneider
USGS - Alaska Technical Data Unit
907-786-7457
jschnidr@usgs.gov
http://tundra.wr.usgs.gov/wrmrsAK/

Bartlett's Familiar Quotations - 15th edition, p. 590  provides this
information:
William Porcher Miles: "Vote early and vote often," the advice openly
displayed on the election banners in one of our northern cities. -Speech in
the House of Representatives [March 31, 1858]

The American Heritage Dictionary of American Quotations - 1996, p.382 adds:
"In The Age of Jackson, Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., associates this with
New
York City political strongman and iconoclast Mike Walsh. A bold friend of
the underprivileged, Walsh headedthe Spartan Band, a group of rowdies who
participated in local elections."

Janet Cronbach,
Reference Librarian