Re: College/University Archivists

I would guess there was some innovation or marketing
in publishing. Washington DC universities, like George
Washington (the Columbian College/University) also
first published their first yearbooks then---as did
high schools.

The first ones were not a jam-packed with photographs
as now---so probably advances in photographic
reproduction sped along this innovation in publishing
in the next couple of years.

I'd investigate the publishers.

Matthew Gilmore

--- "Childs-Helton, Sally" <schildsh@BUTLER.EDU>