Re: self-storage

>Just wondering who will be the archivist for the Body Farm of Dr. Bass at
>Univ of Tennessee, Knoxville. Won't be for the faint-hearted.  Don't mean to
>sound ghoulish, but Halloween just around the corner.

  Um, I think that an archivist there would be moot - nothing there is intended to be preserved, everything is supposed to decay uncontrolled.  Or maybe we can send those managers with new and better ideas to contribute to the entropy there.....
  Actually, a really neat and useful idea, though not tops on my tourist list.  Too full of the reasons I dropped premed, but high on the "Sherlock would have loved this" list.
  As for the mausoleum, most states have pretty strict laws on who may own or run burial grounds, and often have large escrow requirements for maintaining them.  I don't knnow if there'd be any reason to move it to the archives, even if unoccupied, and why would you want it in situ.  Even Jeremy Bentham required better....

Susan

Susan Knoer
Reference Assistant
Special Collections