Re: Damage to photos from PVC chemicals

What kinds of damage are you talking about? Has the emulsions been lifted? Is the PVC sticking to the front/backs of the photos? There are ways of getting stuck PVC off. Please let me know.

Steve Hoza, Conservator
Arizona Historical Society

>>> "Pope, Barbara" <bpope@MAIL.STLCOP.EDU> 10/05/00 02:04PM >>>
I don't know, but could you let me know, on or off-list, what you find out?
I am having this same problem with some photos. Thanks in advance.

Barbara M. Pope, M.L.S.
O.J. Cloughly Alumni Library
St. Louis College of Pharmacy
4588 Parkview Place
St. Louis, MO 63110
Voice: +1 314-367-8700, ext. 1001
Fax:    +1 314-367-2784
Email:  bpope@stlcop.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Berry [mailto:tberry@WCNET.ORG]
Sent: 05 October, 2000 3:51 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Damage to photos from PVC chemicals

Can the damage done to photographic emulsions by the chemcials in
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) sleeves and album pages be reversed, arrested or
repaired?

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086