Re: Corkscrew collections?

Um--it was actually the Culinary Institute of America, our west coast branch. Greystone itself has only a small library and no archival collections, but the main campus of the CIA does. I've just discussed this with our library director, and will be contacting Betsy off list to see if the collection is still available. It would be a nice complement to a portion of our rare books collection that focuses on wine and liquors.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> "Bunker, Kevin" <kbunker@SS.CA.GOV> 10/10/00 03:45PM >>>
Betsy:

On a tour of the Napa Valley wineries out here a few years ago, I believe we
were at Christian Brothers old Greystone winery at St. Helena which has
become the American Culinary Institute.

Brother Anselm (sic) was the Christian Brothers' last winemaster at that
site, and ACI had a massive display of his corkscrew collection (truly
mindboggling). Perhaps there's your lead...

Kevin (I tasted but didn't swallow [yeah, suuure]) Bunker
Student Assistant
CA State Archives